At West Hatch High School safeguarding our pupils is of paramount importance to us: effective safeguarding is the cornerstone of our philosophy that all children have the right to be safe and protected from all forms of abuse and neglect. We are dedicated in ensuring every child in our care feels safe, secure and able to reach their full potential. We make sure all staff have relevant and up to date safeguarding training and are acutely aware of how to keep the young people in our care safe. The designated lead for Child Protection is Nazmin Rahman, Assistant Headteacher and the deputy designated leads are Mary Bolashodun (KS3 Pastoral Manager) and Michelle Titus (KS4 Pastoral Manager).
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any concerns about a pupil via the school website. We appreciate your support in keeping West Hatch pupils safe.
Our Safeguarding poster attached below is displayed throughout the school and in every tutor group base. This is to ensure that everyone connected to the West Hatch community can approach key staff (and any member of staff) to share any safeguarding concerns.
- Essex Social Care - 0345 603 7627
- Redbridge Social Care - 020 8708 3885
- The Prevent Line - 0800 789321
- The Essex LADO Duty Line - 03330139797
- Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
- Behaviour and Anti Bullying Policy
- Harmful Sexual Behaviour and Peer on Peer Abuse
- Online Safety Policy
- Keeping Children Safe in Education
- Working Together to Safeguard Children
- Safeguarding Information for Visitors to the School
- Prevent Duty Guidance for England and Wales
- Essex Safeguarding Children Board Website
- West Hatch School Counselling Service
- E-Safety Information
Hard copies of any of the documents listed can be obtained from the school Reception or requested via our admin email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Support links for students
The following websites provide useful information on a range of relevant topics.