We have created a Careers Guidance Team on Microsoft Teams, which provides students with access to a range of different resources.
To access the Careers Guidance Team, students will need to open Microsoft Teams; click on ‘Teams’ and then ‘Join or create team’ and either search for ‘Careers Guidance’ or enter the following code: yqews4w
This is open to any current West Hatch student.
It includes folders full of files on;
* Careers Advice, such as The Beginner's Guide to Law and A Brief Guide To Help Teens Create a Successful Business
* Job Profiles and A Guide to STEM Careers: 'Saving the World with STEM'
* Labour Market Information
* Recruitment - CVs, Interviews and Assessment Centres
* Year Specific Resources - including Year 8/9 Options and life after Year 11/13.
Our Careers Centre is full of useful booklets and careers resources, to help students learn about the various options out there and help to support them in making a decision about their next step.
The Skillsometer can help you discover what jobs you might like to do in the future. You will be presented with a series of statements. Select the emoji that shows how you feel about each statement. You will be given suggestions of jobs linked to what you most enjoy doing.
Bragfolder is your place to build a long lasting history of you and your career complete with testimonials; photos and letters detailing your achievements; a blogging function for you to add regular updates; and a CV facility that is interactive and brings your career to life. Your Bragfolder is your place to showcase all the good stuff you do and we think this is an amazing free resource and encourage students to register for a Bragfolder account.