Please see below successes from the PE department.
Brandon Bryan-Waugh excites for 3 Lions
Year 9 pupil Brandon Bryan-Waugh was rewarded for a successful and impressive summer training camp at St. Georges Park to be selected for England's u15 football team who took on Turkey during the recent October half term. Brandon, who plays his club football for Tottenham Hotspur FC at u14, u15 and even u16 level donned the 3 lions jersey in an international friendly hosted at England's training headquarters in Burton-Upon-Trent. England were victorious on the day and ran out 6-1 winners and Brandon who played the full game at right back secured one assist. Brandon stated, ''It was an incredible experience to play for my country with some of the most talented players in England and I can only hope that I continue to be selected at international level in the future''.
Year 7 girls enjoy yoga experience during fitness class
As part of their fitness block of work the year 7 girls engaged in their first experience of yoga recently. Teacher assistant, Ms Crossley, led the session as the pupils were tested in a variety of challenging sequences and yoga poses that tested ability to balance, breathe and control their bodies. PE teacher, Mr D'Silva, stated, ''Yoga is so popular nowadays and offers the pupils an opportunity to learn lifelong fitness lessons that they may continue in their own time. It tests both flexibility and strength which are so important''.
Recent sporting successes:
- Year 10 football team are through to the 4th Round of the Essex Cup & will play South Chingford Foundation School in the next round.
- Year 7 Rugby team won the inaugural Intro to school rugby RFU regional festival that took place at Chingford rugby club in October.
- U16 girls football team came runners up in the West Essex football festival.
- U16 Rugby team is through to the 1/4 final of the Essex Cup.
- U16 netball team remain unbeaten and top of their West Essex and Harlow District League.
- Year 7 netball team remain unbeaten and top of their West Essex & Harlow District league.
- Year 9 netball team remain unbeaten and top of their West Essex & Harlow District League.